Hello! Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are having a great weekend – unless you have already crossed into Monday! Today I was expecting to visit a local zoo but it didn’t happen due to unavoidable circumstances – meaning you will not see cute lions and chimps until I visit them soon. Right now though, I want to say something about patience and Passion.
More often that not, I ask myself questions about life. The common whys and ifs. I believe most of us do. When will I succeed? Then even more: How many times must I fail? Why are my plans looking good at first and yet they never bear any fruit in the end?
The Good Side of Failing
Believe it or not, there is something really good about failing in life. I realized it when I had to accept the fact that my personal career was not going to take the path I had planned. What did I do? I told myself one thing: “Look at other people who have had it worse”. I then talked to other people about my challenges and moved forward with life.
I have therefore discovered that failing once is NOT enough to prepare you for success! I know, it sounds weird. Obviously no one goes into the world trying to fail but knowing that it CAN happen helps you build the stamina necessary to handle the side-effects.
How Patience Brought Me This Far
Before you give up on something, ask yourself this question: have I really worked hard enough? And if so, what am I doing wrong? If you don’t see anything wrong with your way of doing things, keep doing it, because your time will come. Patience is a virtue Mr. Grasshopper!
Here are a few things that have encouraged me to keep going:
- My first blog that failed – the first time I decided to blog, I was excited but then I realized I was trying to talk about everything while ending up with nothing. I was naive and uninformed. That was years ago.
- My book – writing a book is not as easy as it may sound, especially when you are sharing your own story with strangers. This however made me realize that I can achieve anything I want and so can you. Approximately 12,000 downloads later, I feel like the luckiest guy on the planet.
- My second blog that died a horrible death – yes, I started a second blog and I was too stressed to keep it going. Sometimes I wondered if anyone read it at all. It was discouraging. I gave up for a while and started thinking about the reason why I wrote posts.
- My third WordPress blog that I had to abandon – this time, I had an idea; share my experiences as I learn something new! So I started Simple Developer Blog. You are probably saying “yeah, but this is the same blog right?” And the answer is; Kind of. I realized after a few months that I couldn’t stay on WordPress.org for long because of their limitations. I had to move out and deal with the wild winds.
- A really bad hosting service – At this point, my posts were starting to pop up on Google Searches and traffic started growing. So I moved out of WordPress to a new location after acquiring my own domain name http://simpledeveloper.com/ . I thought I was good to go but almost immediately, things turned upside down. Let me tell you how!
- 120 net votes on Reddit and 130 Comments later – If you know Reddit, you probably understand what I mean here. My post got so popular on Reddit that after a few minutes or an hour, my website was crashed. The hosting company rationed bandwidth. Several similar crashes later, and I knew I had to do something. I couldn’t live with constant “hugs of death” from Reddit. So I met a good guy who was willing to host me. I am impressed. And now the best part…
- 106 Comments and approximately 30,000 views in less than 3 months – I don’t know how to put this but I know it is a milestone for my small blog. This is not a blog anymore, instead, it is a brand. This is my identity now and I am glad I had the patience to keep trying. I have learned the tricks needed. Still, challenges arise, mean comments will never stop coming in and yet I will approve them anyway. That is because I am already strong enough to read them and keep moving. Finally, the ultimate ……
- A job offer from a company – You know, I am passionate about what I do here. I share what I believe in and love meeting new people because I learn from them as well. Recently a company contacted me with a job offer – you know why? Because they read my posts. I know I am not an expert in many things but when I do something, I try my best. That is who I am.
Thank you for reading this post. If you can take away something from this blog, let it be this: it doesn’t matter where you are or what you do. What matters is how long and how hard you are willing to work in order to achieve that goal. That is all I will say as I finish this article. My journey has just started!
If you liked this post, please share it with your friends using the buttons below. If you are on Facebook, please consider liking my page on the right hand side of this post. Thank you and always keep doing what you love, simply because you will succeed.
If you have any questions or comments, please share. See you tomorrow!