Today I want to share the top things to do before you die. There are more but I will only share the most common and realistic ones. Enjoy and see you around!
Let us jump to it without much ado.
Top 10 Things To Do Before You Die
- Travel to a foreign country if you can. Why? When I was young, I kept hearing people argue about how a travelling kid was smarter than his parents. In a good sense, you will see, hear, experience and eat things you never thought you would!
- Do one thing you hate so much. Example could be attending a live Baseball game if you hate baseball(replace baseball with soccer). Eating certain Asian foods that you would rather have someone bite you for it.
- Thirdly, forgive someone who did something horrible to you. It might be difficult but just have the guts to do it because it will set you free. The other side of this is apologizing for something you did. Just do it! Be honest while you do it.
- The fourth one is what I believe in : altruism. This involves doing something really good, perhaps life-changing, to someone else. The good thing about it is that you don’t expect anything in return. No one should know about it. It is the most amazing of most human acts of kindness!
- Join a local group of people who share their stories and experiences each week. Something like a small club. The first time I did this, I was so shy. I couldn’t even talk about my life. Today however, I feel so much freer and confident in myself. Great friends make life worth living. More often, you will realize that you are not alone especially as far as challenges in life are concerned!
- This sixth one seem hard to ignore : learn a musical instrument. Piano is my favorite. I am not good at it yet. Don’t do it because you want to be famous playing it. Do it for your own nourishment. Amazing!
- Run a marathon or any race. Don’t just run it however, instead, run for a reason. Do it for your mom or dad. Run it for yourself if you can’t find something to run for besides you.
- I have heard people talk about how rewarding it is to be a parent – could be a mother or father! If you can, have a baby with the one you love. Of course this means you fall in love. Love someone and show them that you do.
- Make friends with different people. If you are white, have black friends. If you are Asian, make friends with white people. That being said, learn a different language. If you are a Muslim, be close with Christians and Christians be friends with Muslims. You don’t have to convert – just friends. Doing so might help you understand why people act the way they do. That is life.
- This tenth one is biased – a little bit : learn a programming language. I know this might be a little out of the blue but you can actually achieve it. It is close to one of those things you never thought you would ever do. Just try it and conversations during dinner will never be the same again! You can find more on this by reading my other post Which programming language to start with
The truth is, this list could go on and on. I will however choose to make it short for obvious reasons.
At the end of the day, when all our electronics are turned off, we resume our personal lives. We talk and ask questions like what is life anyway? How do we achieve happiness? What happens to us when everything is lost? Why are we even here?
As I complete this post, I would like to mention the fact that we can find satisfaction in the little things that people easily ignore. Things like helping your neighbor, volunteering, being a member of a group, and more.
You might like to read How To Succeed After Failure article I recently wrote.
Have a good day and please remember to share this post with your friends using the buttons below! Thank you!