Ten Commandments? The most likely thing that comes to your mind whenever you read, see or hear the Ten Commandments is Moses, mount Sinai among other things and yet this post has nothing to do with that guy. You see, there are many other commandments out there and today, I am going to share my own even though am nothing like Moses! WARNING: These are my own opinions and have not been approved by any useless committee or personality who claims to be a member of any such party. Reading this implies that you agree to the non-existent terms and are therefore doing it at your own risk.
Without much ado, here, enjoy what I have come to call my “Ten Commandments” and always remember to have fun – laugh when you have a chance to, cry when you can’t avoid it. None of these is written in stone!
Are you ready for this? I thought so:
- Thou shall not stop singing in your car when you realize that a stranger is looking at you from the other side of the road. Instead, keep doing what you were doing before you turned around to look.
- When you have a problem, Google it first and if you don’t find a solution, then ask someone for help. As it turns out, you are not that unique – there is a good chance on earth someone has been through the same crap as you! (I didn’t say these commandments were very nice – sorry)
- Thou shall not tell everybody your personal problems because they happen to have their own issues – they just don’t open source it. Don’t get me wrong, talking about things help half-solve them; my point is this: know who you are talking to. If you are looking for a solution to a problem, look for the source first!
- Do not invest your energy in hating others. Hatred is like taking poison and then expecting someone else to die from it. You know it will NEVER happen. Instead, forgive your enemies and act nice to them – they will think you are crazy and then admire your personality.
- Ye shall not lie about anything! Wait, did Moses say this? I told you am not a holy roller! Anyway, have you noticed that telling the truth does not require you to remember anything thereafter? Lying, on the other hand, requires you to remember what you said. (:
- Do not shove your own ideas down other people’s throats. Instead, be the best in what you do and people will come to you for it. They will love it, pay for it and even recommend it to others. At that point, you will have earned it.
- Thou shall not fear to try new things in life. Think of it this way: what is the worst thing that could happen? What are the chances that you are the only one failing? Now what is the best thing that could happen? I should have showed up for that singing audition!
- There are several types of people in this world: there are the good guys at the top of the pyramid, then of course morons in the lower side. There are those who are transmitters of bull sh*t and then those who put up with it. You should be both the good guy and the one who has learned to put up with bull. (:
- Never regret the fact that you didn’t accomplish your goals in time. Never doubt your capabilities. If you succeed after nine attempts, that tenth moment’s feeling will always outweigh the pain you endured through the past nine fails.
- You could follow all the above nine commandments but still fail to see the results. Why? Because this tenth one is very important. It is about your own health; you must understand that you are responsible for your health – physical, mental, spiritual and everything else. Don’t be a walking dead. Exercise. Eat healthy. Meditate. Have fun! Follow these ten commandments.
Okay, that is it for the ten commandments, but now what? You are probably thinking of other commandments of your own, like “when your girlfriend asks you if she looks fat in a certain jeans and you know you can either tell the truth or lie and either way you are in trouble” or “drink water instead of soda” among others.
You can share your own through the comments. I mean, who said it has to be ten commandments anyway?
Thanks for reading this post on my ten commandments. If you liked it, please share it. Please subscribe and let us connect on Facebook and Google+. By the way, check out my survey on the right sidebar – thank you!